Our Blog's Title Explained

Learning the Department of Corrections in Alabama and all of its ins and outs has been interesting to say the least.
Because Cody is in the protective custody dorm, being former law enforcement, their schedule is totally different from the general population. 

Breakfast: Between 3-4am
Lunch: Between 9-10am 
Dinner: Between 3-4pm

A lot of times, depending on what is being served on the "lunch" tray, Cody will skip it and eat something from the commissary because he is usually just waking up or hasn't been awake long.
Already not being a big "morning eater", getting him to eat tuna at 9 am just isn't going to happen.

A few days ago, Cody messages me (they have DOC monitored tablets they can message/call on) his usual "Good Morning" message, filling me in on how he slept and what he's been up to so far for the day.
He mentioned in this particular message that they served tuna for "lunch" again, so he skipped the tray and had just finished his "Poptart and Proverbs".

He reads out of Proverbs daily and picks his passage based on the day of the month. 

When I messaged him back,  I joked, saying that would be a catchy name for a Devotional or Bible study group "Prison, Poptarts & Proverbs".
After sending the message, this idea stuck with me. I knew God was pressing on my heart to continue sharing what He is doing in our hearts and lives along this process.
So after talking more about it with Cody, we decided to start sharing more and I decided to create this blog in order to do so.

We know that through this trial, God is working for our good and His glory. 
Thank you for stopping by and we are excited to see what God will do with Prison, Poptarts and Proverbs!
We look forward to sharing with all of you along the way! 

Comments

  1. I’m excited to find this and follow God’s use if y’all to encourage others that He is the most faithful and loving Father of all. Love and prayers always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are happy to have you following us for encouragement as God works through our lives! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Proverbs is such a great book to read and I've done it before with reading a chapter a day through the month. It is filled with such wisdom. Very cute title for the blog. I can't believe breakfast is served so early in the day. Just does not make any sense to me :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to find this and it’s contents! I watched along with everyone as this transposed. I could not believe the outcome! I was enraged!! And they steadily try to get people to sign up for the MPD! Why would they?? But you’re right! This mess may be the best message for lots of people! Thank you so much for what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts