God Is For Us

 “If it had not been the Lord who was on our side— let Israel now say— if it had not been the Lord who was on our side when people rose up against us, then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their anger was kindled against us; then the flood would have swept us away, the torrent would have gone over us; then over us would have gone the raging waters. Blessed be the Lord, who has not given us as prey to their teeth! We have escaped like a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped! Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭124‬:‭1‬-‭8‬ ‭

Study notes in my Bible say " Do you ever feel trapped by overwhelming odds? With God, there is always a way out because  He is the Creator of all that exists. No problem is beyond His ability to solve, no circumstance is too difficult for Him. We can turn to the Creator for help in our time of need, for He is on our side. God will provide a way out, we need only to trust Him and look for it." 

Darby shared a verse that helped me meditate on looking for ways God is making a way. 

“The Lord is for me among those who help me; Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭118‬:‭7‬ ‭

The Lord is for me among those who help me. God is making a way somehow. From the Supreme Court opinion, to the financial provision, to droves of supporters coming forward  there is no denying God’s hand in every step of this process.

"You pushed me violently that I may fall, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation." Psalm 118: 13-14 

I was betrayed by people I don't even have to name and expected to lay down and quietly take whatever came. But I can see more clearly than ever that God is for me through those who help me. I am thankful for His provision through each and every person who supports big or small. 
Listen, God is for you among those who help you. 
Whatever difficult season or obstacle you face, remember when it feels like you can't see your prayers getting answered, look for those people He sends your way to lean on. 
He may not have completely removed you from your wilderness journey yet, but He will give you people to help and encourage you until He decides it's time to lead you out of it. One of the guys in Bible study has made this point a couple of times and I think it applies to all of us at one point or another:
We want to be conformed to the image of Christ, but then pray to be delivered from situations that teach us patience, compassion, obedience and any other traits that make us more like Him. 
One day at a time. He will lead me out of this painful season, and He will do the same for you.



Comments

Popular Posts